As an Asian American business owner who works with a team of women of color, I am especially saddened by the recent hate crimes made against the Asian American community. We stand with the AAPI community, and hope you will too…
- 3,795 hate crimes against Asian Americans were self-reported since March 2020.
- More than half of those incidents were against women.
- Report an incident. If you see a racist act, intervene and report it.
- Stay safe. Read safety tips here.
- Be informed. Read reports here to understand the context.
- Raise awareness. Call your congressperson to find out what they are doing to ensure the safety of the Asian community.
- Donate to organizations to help end hate crimes. Here is a list:
Stop AAPI Hate (@StopAsianHate and @StopAAPIHate)
Send Chinatown Love (@sendchinatownlove)
Gold House (@goldhouseco)
We are so grateful that you are part of the TLBC family, and it is our mission to mainly bring you “good news,” but if we stay silent today then we won’t be able to celebrate tomorrow. Therefore, thank you for taking the time to read this and for your consideration. Let’s stand by each other so that we can actually lift each other up.
much love, Emily