I know there is a lot of debate going on right now, and many of you are using this time at home to NOT wear a bra. My opinion on this, of course, is biased. I am Team Bra. After all, I do own The Little BRA Company, and I feel it is my duty to let you know we don’t make bras to torture you or make you feel uncomfortable. Actually, we are always looking for ways to make smaller-sized bras quite the opposite. We want to help you FEEL and look your best from the inside out…even if you are currently spending more time inside than outside.
Artist Gemma Correll recently posted on her Instagram @gemmacorrell, the illustration above:
From the multitude of comments I’ve seen on the subject lately, I have to assume that
I’m the only person in the world who feels more comfortable when I am wearing a bra?
The illustration is brilliant, and the comments from her followers made me feel supported in my opinion:
“I don’t like flopping around.”
“Me too! I even sleep in one.”
“Glad I’m not alone.”
“My sports bra feels like a firm, comforting hug.”
“They may be small, but my girls need support.”
“I’m with you!”
“I feel heard. The girls feel insecure when they’re at the mercy of the elements…”
Inspired by Gemma and her followers, I put this list together of the 10 Reasons to Wear a
1. Gravity still exists at home.
2. You can’t hide your nipples on a Zoom conference.
3. Since you can’t get hugs from people right now, why not get a hug from your bra?
4. Feel in control of something.
5. Reduce the floppiness. No matter how small you are, floppiness is not flattering nor
6. Feel more awake and ready to take on the world with a bra on.
7. In this time of uncertainty, why not let a bra help you feel supported and secure?
8. Nipple chafing is a real pain.
9. The lockdown is not going to last forever. When it’s time to go out again, do you really
want boob droop?
10. Bras are essential.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay supported with your bra on.